Skip to main content

Beautiful Player (Book 3) and Beautiful (Book 5) by Christina Lauren- 5/5 and 4/5 respectively

As some of you may know the Beautiful series is my current obsession! Each book in this series has been better than the other.
Beautiful Player was the funnest! I burst out laughing more times than I can count. Check out the Book Blurb here: Goodreads- B. Player

We know a bit about Will by now from Beautiful Stranger. He is a Player. He schedules his 'girlfriends' just as easily and as simply as one would scheduled daily work outs. He is also loyal, friendly, and a lot of fun. It is no surprise that Jensen, his childhood friend, suggests that his sister Hannah contact Will in order to get out, meet people, make friends...

When Will meets Hannah, his friends baby sister, he takes her under his wings and promises to teach her to have some fun and a better work-life balance. He introduces her to Chloe and Hannah, takes her out for runs and drinks. 
But, Hannah is not what Will expected. She is not the shy baby sister anymore. She is a full grown woman, with no filter when she speaks, goofy, very open and even flirtatious. And lo and behold, the girl had a crush on him for years. She doesn't trust him though, she knows with him all she can have is fun and she is just another number to his list of conquests. And she is ok with that, she does not want anything serious herself. 

They didn't expect to have such an amazing chemistry and their blunter is hilarious! It becomes even funnier when Will gets clearly put under her spell. Where is our Player gone?

Now for Beautiful... I read the books a little bit out of order, book 4 before 3. But it didn't impact my reading much. I knew Will had someone but no more than that. And in a way, the way I read was nice, because I had just met Hannah's brother, Jensen.
So...Beautiful is the last book and brings us a new couple: Jensen and Pippa.
Pippa is at a difficult time in her life, she hates her job and has just caught her boyfriend with another woman. So her best friend Rubby (book 4) invites her on a road trip with her and Neill, Will and Hannah. On her flight to Boston she embarrasses herself pretty bad -gets drunk and talks about her ex non-stop- to none other than Jensen, Hannah's brother. But she has not at this point met Hannah, or her brother... their paths cross again at Max's and Sarah's house at their 3rd kids birthday party!
Jenses is divorved and although it has been years he is not exactly over it yet. He is over the ex wife, but not the hurt that came with it.
They are civilized around each other, there isn't much heat and attraction as there was with the other couples in the previous books. It is all a little bland. They end up together only when Jenses' ex wife appears and he lies to her that he is now married.
I didn't dislike their story, but in my opinion it was the weakest of them all. I would have given it a 3/5 if the book was only about them

BUT- it wasn't. At least 45% of the book was on the characters we have come to love. It was a goodbye of sorts. We got to see how all relationships have evolved, how their lives have changed, and it was BEAUTIFUL. I am not gonna lie guys... I got emotional.

This series has been worth every second I spent reading it. 

Go Read. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises and Pomegranates (Monsters & Muses #1) by Sav R. Miller

I was very excited about this read. The reviews are good, the people recommending it were people whose recommendations I have liked in the past. And in the end, at did like this one. But I will confess from the start that Promises and Pomegranates  did not blow me away. Blurb: Elena To most, Kal Anderson is a villain. Harbinger of death, keeper of souls, frequenter of nightmares. Doctor Death. Hades incarnate. They say he stole me. Usurped my fiancĂ© and filled the cracks in my heart with empty promises. Imprinted his crimson fingerprints on my psyche and tried to set me free. They’re not wrong, per se. Except it was my choice to stay. Kal To most, Elena Ricci is an innocent. Goddess of springtime, lover of poetry, angel of my nightmares. Little one. Persephone personified. They say I ruined her. Shattered her virtue and devoured her soul like a succulent pomegranate. Embedded my evil as deep as I could possibly get and tried to set her free. They’re not wrong, per se. Except it was she

Crow and Reaper by A. Zavarelli (Boston Underworld #1 and #2)

Crow and Reaper by A. Zavarelli (Boston Underworld #1 and #2) @glimpses_of_my_books These books are (to me at least) two VERY different books and the reason you should never give up on an author after just one book. I did not like Crow  one tiny bit. But I absolutely loved Reaper . One is a 1 star, while the other is a 4...  Let's start with the good first, Reaper . Ronan is likely to break your heart. Throughout the book we get snippets of his past, accounts of everything he had to go through before Crow and his mother find him and save him from the horrible life he was leaving. In a way, although I wasn't a fun of Crow in the first book, his love and care for Ronan had made me like him a little better. Ronan is not quiet, moody, and broody by choice. It is a consequence of all the things he has been through, the things I mentioned above that will break your heart... He is caring and loving, but he has no idea how to put those things in action. He is, in a way, one of the mos

Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy #1) by Ashley Jade

Continuing with my newest obsession, bully romance, we now have Jace. Insufferable, hateful, vengeful Jace. Blurb: I never thought I'd step foot in Royal Manor again. But four years later, here I am... back to finish my senior year at Royal Hearts Academy. And forced to face Jace Covington. My first friend. First crush. First kiss. The one I left behind. Only—he isn't the same boy I gave my heart to. This new Jace is as cruel as he is gorgeous. And he's determined to make my life a living hell. Along with the rest of his glorified family and crew of tyrants. They expect me to worship the ground they walk on like everyone else, but I'd rather eat dirt. If Jace Covington wants me gone...he'll have to try harder. Because I've never been the kind of girl to play by the rules. Jace is cruel. Not as cruel as some of the other bully romances I've been reading lately, but he is definitely not a nice guy. Burnt by his past, still hurting from everything that happened