Skip to main content

November Wrap Up


- FireBlood by Elly Blake
(YA Fantasy) 5/5 AmAzInG! Even better than the first book! I know many of you are worried about the love triangle, don't be. The story is well told, beautifully written. Ruby must go to the land of Firebloods to both learn to control her gift and to find a way to destroy the mimax but she ends up discovering a lot more than that, both about the curse and about herself.

- Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren (book 3)
- Beautiful by Christina Lauren  (book 5)
(New Adult) 5/5 Definitely the funniest of all books in the series so far, I laughed and laughed. Will is our resident player, a different woman whenever he feels like it. Hannah is the 'I work too hard to have a life kind of girl'. When their paths cross you expect Hannah to go head over hills silly, but it is our funny boy that goes all lovely dub. Its a sweet and fun read.
(New Adult) 4/5 I loved this!!!! All my beloved characters from the previous books got page time. It was so freaking sweet reading their story a few years ahead from their original books. I got teary, not gonna lie. So why not 5? because the new couple was the least interesting of them all. They felt like a vessel, an excuse to give us the fandom a little more of the characters we love.
Full review: Books 3 and 5- Beautiful Bastard Series

- It Ends with Us by Coleen Hoover
(New Adult) 4.9/5 This was a rather intense read. Very real and very sad. Its about Lilly, a girl who has gone through a lot in life. It is about Atlas, her safe haven as a teen. And it is about Reley, the sweet man with a past capable of turning him into someone else. Review Here

- Red Rising by Pierce Brown
(YA Sci-Fi) I almost dfn this book... Darrow, Mr Perfect, loses his wife, Mrs Perfect. He seeks revenge, and since he can do no wrong- ever - he is the right person to bring down the corrupted system. Have you heard that anywhere before? I am afraid this book suffers from the over used 'Mary Sue' trope problem (or syndrome as I like to put it). It is seriously 'on your face' the whole time. Mr perfect who can do no wrong--> Let's make him into a god! *puke now* Full Review: Red Rising

- Clipped Wings & Inked Armor by Helena Hunting
(New Adult) 5/5 & 3/5 The first book, Clipped Wings, was all you could expect from an NA novel. Passionate and full of drama. The lives of both characters is marked by death in their pasts and that grief brings them together. The second book felt a little short because a lot of it was too similar to the first book. Review: Clipped Wings

- An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson
(YA Fantasy) 4.9/5 This was adorable! Although it is a fantasy book its sweet and easy going romance reminded of how I felt reading Love and Gelato. If you enjoy easy read romances you will likely like this very much. Its is about Rook, a fae prince. And Isobel, a human with an amazing talent as a painter. She paints Rook, someone not meant to have feelings with sorrow in his eyes. That is seen as weakness in his lands and could cost his life... Review: Enchantment

- All The Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater
(YA Fantasy/paranormal) 5+/5 Pure Perfection! I am a big fan of Maggie Stiefvater but I believe she has outdone herself this time. Everything about All the Crooked Saints was right on the money. It is about about magic, about saints and miracles, about love and friendships, about family and overcoming one's one darkness! Go read! Review: All The Crooked Saints

- Without Merit by Collen Hoover
(Contemporary Romance) 2.3/5 Much ado about nothing is the best way to describe this book. Too many secrets, too much crazy and to many issues in only a few hundred pages. None of it therefore dealt well with. The book was without focus. Not a bad story or idea, just poor execution. Review: Without Merit

- Hooked by Karla Sorensen and Whitney Barbetti
(Contemporary Romance) 2/5 I cringed just as much as I laughed. The story is ridiculous- completely 100% not in touch with reality. And it is that that makes the story both funny and oddly charming as well as infuriating. X and Lucy meet at a group therapy session, they both have issues. She proceeds to try to steal from him and pretend that is not what is happening by giving him a lap dance... Improbable, cringe worth, and yet... funny. That is how I felt the entire book. I am very glad is over but at the same time can't say I regret reading it... 2 out 5 sounds appropriate!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Promises and Pomegranates (Monsters & Muses #1) by Sav R. Miller

I was very excited about this read. The reviews are good, the people recommending it were people whose recommendations I have liked in the past. And in the end, at did like this one. But I will confess from the start that Promises and Pomegranates  did not blow me away. Blurb: Elena To most, Kal Anderson is a villain. Harbinger of death, keeper of souls, frequenter of nightmares. Doctor Death. Hades incarnate. They say he stole me. Usurped my fiancĂ© and filled the cracks in my heart with empty promises. Imprinted his crimson fingerprints on my psyche and tried to set me free. They’re not wrong, per se. Except it was my choice to stay. Kal To most, Elena Ricci is an innocent. Goddess of springtime, lover of poetry, angel of my nightmares. Little one. Persephone personified. They say I ruined her. Shattered her virtue and devoured her soul like a succulent pomegranate. Embedded my evil as deep as I could possibly get and tried to set her free. They’re not wrong, per se. Except it was she

Crow and Reaper by A. Zavarelli (Boston Underworld #1 and #2)

Crow and Reaper by A. Zavarelli (Boston Underworld #1 and #2) @glimpses_of_my_books These books are (to me at least) two VERY different books and the reason you should never give up on an author after just one book. I did not like Crow  one tiny bit. But I absolutely loved Reaper . One is a 1 star, while the other is a 4...  Let's start with the good first, Reaper . Ronan is likely to break your heart. Throughout the book we get snippets of his past, accounts of everything he had to go through before Crow and his mother find him and save him from the horrible life he was leaving. In a way, although I wasn't a fun of Crow in the first book, his love and care for Ronan had made me like him a little better. Ronan is not quiet, moody, and broody by choice. It is a consequence of all the things he has been through, the things I mentioned above that will break your heart... He is caring and loving, but he has no idea how to put those things in action. He is, in a way, one of the mos

Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy #1) by Ashley Jade

Continuing with my newest obsession, bully romance, we now have Jace. Insufferable, hateful, vengeful Jace. Blurb: I never thought I'd step foot in Royal Manor again. But four years later, here I am... back to finish my senior year at Royal Hearts Academy. And forced to face Jace Covington. My first friend. First crush. First kiss. The one I left behind. Only—he isn't the same boy I gave my heart to. This new Jace is as cruel as he is gorgeous. And he's determined to make my life a living hell. Along with the rest of his glorified family and crew of tyrants. They expect me to worship the ground they walk on like everyone else, but I'd rather eat dirt. If Jace Covington wants me gone...he'll have to try harder. Because I've never been the kind of girl to play by the rules. Jace is cruel. Not as cruel as some of the other bully romances I've been reading lately, but he is definitely not a nice guy. Burnt by his past, still hurting from everything that happened