Skip to main content

Guest Blogger: Stephanie from Bookworm Between the Sheets with The Rivalry by Nikki Sloane

Our Guest Blogger this week is Stephanie from Bookworm Between the Sheets! 
I am really excited to have her here because it is not often I find New Adult lovers on bookstagram that are as active as she is!
Her Favorite read in 2017 was The Rivalry by Nikki Sloane and she has kindly agreed to share her review of it here in Glimpses of my Books.
Bellow is the review, a little Q&A with her, and the many ways in which you can go follow her afterwards!

Hi Stephanie!
Tell us a little bit about you before we go into bookish questions Where are you from? Southern California
Have you always lived there? 
No, born and raised in Oklahoma before moving out to Sunny So Cal and never left!
Provided you dont think it is rude, how old are you? 
36
What are your hobbies besides reading? 
Exercising when I can and playing with my three young children. I am a stay at home mom and right now they take up a lot of that time. But I do find time to pamper myself whenever I can!

When/What got you into reading? 
I was always an avid reader growing up, but was so tired of reading after college so I rarely read a book. But during my third pregnancy I had horrible insomnia so instead of getting annoyed of not being able to sleep I read romance novels. I joked that romance novels were my pregnancy craving! Hopefully it doesn’t mess up my son haha!

We know what your favorite read in 2017 was now, but what were your top 3 2017 book releases? 
A Little Like Destiny by Lisa Suzanne, Grip by Kennedy Ryan, and Fraternize by Rachel Van Dyken

Do you have a favorite genre? 
Romance NA, YA, Adult I read it all!

Is there a book you really did not enjoy reading this past year? Which one? Why? 
Take Me Back by Meghan March. This book has rave reviews by some of my favorite bloggers, but it went from a second chance romance to a suspense novel. I was thinking it was something else.

Do you have an all time favorite book or book series? 
A Little Like Destiny by Lisa Suzanne I was captivated by her words and I messaged her directly after finishing Book 1 and asking how I can help get her book series out because I just loved it so much and fell in love with all the characters!

"I don't want 'some girl,' I want you."


I am a MAJOR Football Romance fan and this book is going to the TOP of my Fave Football Romances List! I haven't read a book by Nikki Sloane in a while and I am pulling my hair as to why NOT! I LOVE her Blindfold Club Series.

I could not put down The Rivalry with the all the football metaphors and sexual innuendoes this book is hard not to love! The banter between the main characters is laugh out loud funny and hot and steamy all at the same time! I haven't encountered many football romances that solely focuses on the hero & heroine throughout the entire story which is what I thoroughly enjoyed about this story.

If you love a college sports rivalry this romance is for you! You will be thinking back to your college years and fall in love with Jay & Kayla!

How about a favorite author? 
This is another tough question! Can I give you a couple???? Colleen Hoover, Vi Keeland, Helena, Hunting and Lisa Suzanne

Last but not least, where else in this big wide web world can we find you?
I am active daily on Instagram and my Blog

Thank you so  much for being here with us today Stephanie! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises and Pomegranates (Monsters & Muses #1) by Sav R. Miller

I was very excited about this read. The reviews are good, the people recommending it were people whose recommendations I have liked in the past. And in the end, at did like this one. But I will confess from the start that Promises and Pomegranates  did not blow me away. Blurb: Elena To most, Kal Anderson is a villain. Harbinger of death, keeper of souls, frequenter of nightmares. Doctor Death. Hades incarnate. They say he stole me. Usurped my fiancĂ© and filled the cracks in my heart with empty promises. Imprinted his crimson fingerprints on my psyche and tried to set me free. They’re not wrong, per se. Except it was my choice to stay. Kal To most, Elena Ricci is an innocent. Goddess of springtime, lover of poetry, angel of my nightmares. Little one. Persephone personified. They say I ruined her. Shattered her virtue and devoured her soul like a succulent pomegranate. Embedded my evil as deep as I could possibly get and tried to set her free. They’re not wrong, per se. Except it was she

Crow and Reaper by A. Zavarelli (Boston Underworld #1 and #2)

Crow and Reaper by A. Zavarelli (Boston Underworld #1 and #2) @glimpses_of_my_books These books are (to me at least) two VERY different books and the reason you should never give up on an author after just one book. I did not like Crow  one tiny bit. But I absolutely loved Reaper . One is a 1 star, while the other is a 4...  Let's start with the good first, Reaper . Ronan is likely to break your heart. Throughout the book we get snippets of his past, accounts of everything he had to go through before Crow and his mother find him and save him from the horrible life he was leaving. In a way, although I wasn't a fun of Crow in the first book, his love and care for Ronan had made me like him a little better. Ronan is not quiet, moody, and broody by choice. It is a consequence of all the things he has been through, the things I mentioned above that will break your heart... He is caring and loving, but he has no idea how to put those things in action. He is, in a way, one of the mos

Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy #1) by Ashley Jade

Continuing with my newest obsession, bully romance, we now have Jace. Insufferable, hateful, vengeful Jace. Blurb: I never thought I'd step foot in Royal Manor again. But four years later, here I am... back to finish my senior year at Royal Hearts Academy. And forced to face Jace Covington. My first friend. First crush. First kiss. The one I left behind. Only—he isn't the same boy I gave my heart to. This new Jace is as cruel as he is gorgeous. And he's determined to make my life a living hell. Along with the rest of his glorified family and crew of tyrants. They expect me to worship the ground they walk on like everyone else, but I'd rather eat dirt. If Jace Covington wants me gone...he'll have to try harder. Because I've never been the kind of girl to play by the rules. Jace is cruel. Not as cruel as some of the other bully romances I've been reading lately, but he is definitely not a nice guy. Burnt by his past, still hurting from everything that happened