Skip to main content

Opposites Attract series by Rachel Higginson - 5 Stars


I had the opportunity to meet this amazing human being at an author even this June and I got the first book in the series while there. It sounded way to good to be  left behind and it did not disappoint. I sat on my couch and read for 6 hours straight all the while either smiling or laughing. It was fabulous! More so, the books that followed were just as good.


Opposites Attract series by Rachel Higginson

The Opposite of You- 5 Stars
Aaaahh... this was so good. As I said, I smiled from beginning to end. It was beautifully written and had intense charismatic characters that were impossible not to love. 
Let's get the important part out of the way first: you will be hungry. Have a snack in hand! LOL
Vera, after a turbulent past in the industry and some travelling in Europe comes back home to help her dad who had cancer and she opens up a food truck at her brother's shop parking lot. She was a conundrum. Head strong and brave but also very hurt by the past and in many ways weak. And that was so beautiful. It made her character feel more human. After all, even the most strong of us have their weak moments. 
Killian is the prestigious head chef at the restaurant across the road from the food truck. He makes his mission to comment on every plate of food Vera does and rarely his comments are nice or welcomed. Killian was a broody, strict chef and it doesn't take us long to realize he also has a heart of gold.
Their romance was a slow burn. Written beautifully. Those two chefs became friends, learn to trust each other, flirted, and eventually found love!
The secondary characters were all just amazing and I am super happy that the next books involve my favorites. 
Go Read!
For the book blurb: Go here

The Difference Between Us- 4 Stars
This book surprised me. I wasn't expecting to love Ezra as much as I did, in the end he didn't only have Molly's heart, he had mine too. 
Molly's main focus in life at the moment is her job. She just got a big account to work with and she is trying her best to succeed. She is also throwing our lovely Vera and Killian their engagement party with the help of Ezra and Wyatt. Ezra seems to want to help or control everything and that makes her blood boil! -in more ways than one-
“Ezra Baptiste was one of the most intolerable men I had ever met. Arrogant, condescending, offensively good looking, he had all the qualities of a human I tried to avoid”. 
Ezra was a sweet surprise. There is so  much more to him than we know from the previous book. 
He wants to revamp his business and Molly is good at what she does. So when she refuses to work with him he goes to her company and gets her boss to give Molly his account. 
At first, it is easy to see Ezra as a closed off and arrogant man, but the more you get to know him the more you fall for him. Just like Molly did...
Their relationship slowly built into something more, into something neither of them could avoid. And when he finally tells her how along and how he has been pursuing her without her ever noticing you will laugh. It was a sweet read! 
For the book blurb: Go here


The Problem with Him- 4 Stars
Another book bound to make you hungry! LOL
I LOVED Wyatt in The Opposite of You. I was captivated by him on his few appearances so I was super happy that he got his own love story.
Wyatt is a tough chef, you have to be to go far in the industry. But he is also tough because he had a difficult upbringing and it is his goal in life to make a name for himself. When he gets the chance to run a kitchen he grabs it and makes the most of it. It has is costs, luck of sleep being one, and hatred from the sous chef that wanted his job being another...
The sous chef in question is Kaya. She is tough, opinionated, and very sure of herself. Except when it comes to Wyatt. She wanted his job, she wants to run a kitchen herself and the two of them are always bickering. And on that note, while they bicker and she controls the desire to strangle him she also has to control other desires that have to do with him...
I enjoyed the way their chemistry was portrait and how it grew into something else.
This was another fabulous book. It was not as charismatic and enthralling as The Opposite of You but I loved it too!! 4 very solid stars.
For the book blurb: Go here



For those who don't know, I was a chef for 13 years and have only been out of the industry for the last 2. Reading this brought back so many wonderful memories too. I could not recommend this series enough! They are not just great romance books, they are also written by an amazing beautiful writer. Have you seen her? The woman is gorgeous (that just needed to be said 😊)

Go read Sunnies!

Find the books at:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises and Pomegranates (Monsters & Muses #1) by Sav R. Miller

I was very excited about this read. The reviews are good, the people recommending it were people whose recommendations I have liked in the past. And in the end, at did like this one. But I will confess from the start that Promises and Pomegranates  did not blow me away. Blurb: Elena To most, Kal Anderson is a villain. Harbinger of death, keeper of souls, frequenter of nightmares. Doctor Death. Hades incarnate. They say he stole me. Usurped my fiancé and filled the cracks in my heart with empty promises. Imprinted his crimson fingerprints on my psyche and tried to set me free. They’re not wrong, per se. Except it was my choice to stay. Kal To most, Elena Ricci is an innocent. Goddess of springtime, lover of poetry, angel of my nightmares. Little one. Persephone personified. They say I ruined her. Shattered her virtue and devoured her soul like a succulent pomegranate. Embedded my evil as deep as I could possibly get and tried to set her free. They’re not wrong, per se. Except it was she

Crow and Reaper by A. Zavarelli (Boston Underworld #1 and #2)

Crow and Reaper by A. Zavarelli (Boston Underworld #1 and #2) @glimpses_of_my_books These books are (to me at least) two VERY different books and the reason you should never give up on an author after just one book. I did not like Crow  one tiny bit. But I absolutely loved Reaper . One is a 1 star, while the other is a 4...  Let's start with the good first, Reaper . Ronan is likely to break your heart. Throughout the book we get snippets of his past, accounts of everything he had to go through before Crow and his mother find him and save him from the horrible life he was leaving. In a way, although I wasn't a fun of Crow in the first book, his love and care for Ronan had made me like him a little better. Ronan is not quiet, moody, and broody by choice. It is a consequence of all the things he has been through, the things I mentioned above that will break your heart... He is caring and loving, but he has no idea how to put those things in action. He is, in a way, one of the mos

Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy #1) by Ashley Jade

Continuing with my newest obsession, bully romance, we now have Jace. Insufferable, hateful, vengeful Jace. Blurb: I never thought I'd step foot in Royal Manor again. But four years later, here I am... back to finish my senior year at Royal Hearts Academy. And forced to face Jace Covington. My first friend. First crush. First kiss. The one I left behind. Only—he isn't the same boy I gave my heart to. This new Jace is as cruel as he is gorgeous. And he's determined to make my life a living hell. Along with the rest of his glorified family and crew of tyrants. They expect me to worship the ground they walk on like everyone else, but I'd rather eat dirt. If Jace Covington wants me gone...he'll have to try harder. Because I've never been the kind of girl to play by the rules. Jace is cruel. Not as cruel as some of the other bully romances I've been reading lately, but he is definitely not a nice guy. Burnt by his past, still hurting from everything that happened