Skip to main content

Nightblood by Elly Blake

Today is a bitter sweet day... I couldn't wait for this book, and now that I have finished reading it I am undoubtedly sad it is over. It was an awesome ride! 
Ruby, Arcus, and Kai together with the secondary characters were all amazing and it is sad this is the end of their journey. Kai deserves a story of his own for sure. This series has a special place in my heart and will definitely be worth a reread someday.
Blurb:
Ruby's world has changed more than she ever could have imagined. She's in love with a powerful Frost King. She's the heir to the Fire Throne. And she may be a Nightblood--the spawn of a vengeful deity hellbent on releasing his wraithlike Minax from their prison. Once freed, these beasts will roam the earth, devouring every last person until he or she is nothing but an empty husk. But Ruby is able to control the Minax to a degree, and now she, her beloved Arcus, and her friend Kai must find a way to bring Frostbloods and Firebloods--sworn enemies--together to make a stand against a foe more deadly than any they've faced.

Book Review- 4.5 Stars 

Let's start with my favorite part: Ruby and Arcus! 
They have both grown so much since the first book and their relationship is so solid now. They deserved a happy ending after everything they went through. 
It was wonderful to be part of their getting to know each other better, learn to give each other space, help each other in time of need, learn to control their jealousness, and learn to trust each other fully... They have come along way from the first book.

Nightblood is no doubt the most stressful book in the series. Ruby fights to control herself and the Mina'x dark influence the whole way through. Most of the time she succeeds, but not always. Although Ruby's character starts off in Frostblood as just another 'Mary-sue' type, there is much more to her character. In the end, she felt real. When she finally gave in to the Minax I can honestly say in her shoes most of us would have done that too. 

Arcus was a swoon worthy as ever. That man is rigid and serious as most frostbloods, but every time he lets as see a glimpse of his feelings its impossible not to fall in love with him more and more. I felt like screaming into the book 'We feel yah Ruby!' hehe
All he wants to do is to see Ruby safe and at the same time keep his people safe, he wants to be a good king. 
I feel on the fence about his ending, I am not a fan of authors that do what Elly Blake did here (you can ask me if you want to know, otherwise is a big spoiler). But at the same time I kind of understand why it was needed...

Kai is wonderful and I appreciate his character a lot. That being said, there were times he made things very difficult for Ruby. He was trying to help her, but often his playful personality caused issues between Arcus and her. I would love nothing more than a book for him. He deserves a happy ending too. He was loyal and brought us a smile from beginning to end. 

Overall a great series and my heart is in true pain as I write these final words... as much as I wanted to read the last book it feels horrible having to say goodbye to these amazing characters.

Go Read!

Find the book at: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promises and Pomegranates (Monsters & Muses #1) by Sav R. Miller

I was very excited about this read. The reviews are good, the people recommending it were people whose recommendations I have liked in the past. And in the end, at did like this one. But I will confess from the start that Promises and Pomegranates  did not blow me away. Blurb: Elena To most, Kal Anderson is a villain. Harbinger of death, keeper of souls, frequenter of nightmares. Doctor Death. Hades incarnate. They say he stole me. Usurped my fiancĂ© and filled the cracks in my heart with empty promises. Imprinted his crimson fingerprints on my psyche and tried to set me free. They’re not wrong, per se. Except it was my choice to stay. Kal To most, Elena Ricci is an innocent. Goddess of springtime, lover of poetry, angel of my nightmares. Little one. Persephone personified. They say I ruined her. Shattered her virtue and devoured her soul like a succulent pomegranate. Embedded my evil as deep as I could possibly get and tried to set her free. They’re not wrong, per se. Except it was she

Crow and Reaper by A. Zavarelli (Boston Underworld #1 and #2)

Crow and Reaper by A. Zavarelli (Boston Underworld #1 and #2) @glimpses_of_my_books These books are (to me at least) two VERY different books and the reason you should never give up on an author after just one book. I did not like Crow  one tiny bit. But I absolutely loved Reaper . One is a 1 star, while the other is a 4...  Let's start with the good first, Reaper . Ronan is likely to break your heart. Throughout the book we get snippets of his past, accounts of everything he had to go through before Crow and his mother find him and save him from the horrible life he was leaving. In a way, although I wasn't a fun of Crow in the first book, his love and care for Ronan had made me like him a little better. Ronan is not quiet, moody, and broody by choice. It is a consequence of all the things he has been through, the things I mentioned above that will break your heart... He is caring and loving, but he has no idea how to put those things in action. He is, in a way, one of the mos

Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy #1) by Ashley Jade

Continuing with my newest obsession, bully romance, we now have Jace. Insufferable, hateful, vengeful Jace. Blurb: I never thought I'd step foot in Royal Manor again. But four years later, here I am... back to finish my senior year at Royal Hearts Academy. And forced to face Jace Covington. My first friend. First crush. First kiss. The one I left behind. Only—he isn't the same boy I gave my heart to. This new Jace is as cruel as he is gorgeous. And he's determined to make my life a living hell. Along with the rest of his glorified family and crew of tyrants. They expect me to worship the ground they walk on like everyone else, but I'd rather eat dirt. If Jace Covington wants me gone...he'll have to try harder. Because I've never been the kind of girl to play by the rules. Jace is cruel. Not as cruel as some of the other bully romances I've been reading lately, but he is definitely not a nice guy. Burnt by his past, still hurting from everything that happened